Marketing Assistant Position
TITLE: Marketing Assistant
SCHEDULE: FT/ 40 hours per week
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA (with remote work flexibility)
SALARY: $15-17 per hour (depending on experience) + health care benefits and paid time off
POST DATE: 7/14/21
APPLY BY: 8/4/21
Alice Alexander is a size-inclusive, ethical and sustainable women’s apparel brand based in Philadelphia.
Those with a sincere and demonstrated interest in size-inclusive fashion and sustainability are encouraged to apply.
About the Role:
Alice Alexander is seeking an entry-level marketing professional with strong copywriting skills to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for writing promotional content specifically for social media posts, email marketing and blog material. Additionally the Marketing Assistant will work with the guidance of our Brand Marketing Manager to keep the marketing department organized and on time, ensuring we meet our team objectives.
As a small business, we offer:
- Room for learning and growth
- A positive work environment with a team who is passionate about our mission
- Paid vacation time and paid sick leave
- Health benefits
- Flexible work environment
- An exceptional writer and storyteller who can clearly communicate and develop our brand voice in a number of different mediums
- A spelling and grammar fanatic with strong proofreading skills (in English)
- Observant of our unique customers and what motivates them online
- A self starter who is exceptionally organized and has the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Tech and E-Commerce savvy - familiar with keyword placement, best SEO and hashtag practices and formatting content on the web
- Able to synthesize information from existing content for repurposing
- A team player who enjoys collaborative work environments
- Someone who takes pride in their work but knows how to have fun!
- Produce, edit, and customize written content for all platforms including social media, email marketing, newsletters and print.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines
- Write and test web copy, including CTA’s, value proposition, and landing pages.
- Fulfill content calendar/marketing campaigns for all platforms including social media (Instagram & Facebook), email marketing and blogs
- Manage email inbox for firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com ensuring emails are delivered to appropriate departments
Shared (with Brand Marketing Manager and CEO):
- Research and pitch creative content ideas
- Develop monthly marketing strategy and content calendar
- Keep team on task, organized and accountable
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Review and analyze content performance metrics
- Assist Brand Marketing Manager in creation of product listings for online store
- Assist Brand Marketing Manager with customer support/customer service. Answering customer emails, assisting with packing and shipping, writing thank you notes to customers
- 1-2+ years experience in a marketing related role
- Marketing agency experience highly preferred
- Fashion experience preferred (understands basic fashion terms)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
**Philadelphia, and surrounding areas preferred. Flexible in-studio/at home.
- Submit a resume and brief cover letter that details your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Included in the cover letter please describe your specific marketing experience, how your experience matches our needs and your interest in our brand
- Send general writing samples such as blog post, newsletter, etc.
- Send 3 alternative captions (with hashtags) that you would use for this post