the intersection of size-inclusive and sustainable fashion.
See below for current openings.
We're currently hiring for:
TITLE: Cut and/or Sew Production Team Member
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (flexible start/ end time).
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA.
SALARY: Starting at $15 per hour
Alice Alexander is a size-inclusive, ethical and sustainable women’s apparel brand in Philadelphia. As a vertically-integrated apparel brand we design, cut, sew and retail 100% of our clothing out of one location in Philadelphia, direct-to-consumer.
- An incredible eye for detail
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred (basic math skills are a must!)
- Sense of humor, takes their work seriously, but not themselves seriously
- Awesome attitude, positive and upbeat.
- Experience cutting fabrics and utilizing sewing patterns preferred
- Ability to sew ready-to-wear quality apparel using high speed industrial sewing equipment (straight stitch, serger, five-thread), preferred.
- Ability to take direction, listen and ask questions!
- Experience working with a variety of fabrics, comfortability with delicate fabrics like cupro and silk, preferred.
While we are accepting applications from seasoned cut/ sewers we ARE also offering training and are willing to bring on a candidate with little to no production cut/ sew experience.
We take pride in our friendly, team-oriented environment. We are an inclusive, anti-racist, woman-owned business. You can read more about our efforts here: https://alicealexander.co/blogs/news/actions-words and we encourage folks from diverse backgrounds to apply!
Submit a resume and brief cover letter that details your interest in this position as well as your experience. Include your shift availability (ex. Monday and Tuesdays 9am-2pm) to firstname.lastname@example.org (not .com). If available, include photos of sewn samples (including the insides).