the intersection of size-inclusive and sustainable fashion.
See below for current openings.
We're currently hiring for:
TITLE: Cut/ Sew Production Team Member TEMPORARY/ SEASONAL
SCHEDULE: Flexible! Shifts available Monday-Saturday between 7am and 8pm
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA.
SALARY: Starting at $15 per hour
Alice Alexander is a size-inclusive, ethical and sustainable women’s apparel brand in Philadelphia. As a vertically-integrated apparel brand we design, cut, sew and retail 100% of our clothing out of one location in Philadelphia, direct-to-consumer. With our busy season (Nov/ Dec) around the corner, we are now accepting applications for temporary/ seasonal cut/ sew production team members.
- Ability to sew ready-to-wear quality women’s apparel using high speed industrial sewing equipment (straight stitch, serger, five-thread).
- Strong sewer that balances speed with impeccable quality.
- Ability to take direction, listen and ask questions!
- Ability to sew for several hours at a time
- Experience working with a variety of fabrics, comfortability with delicate fabrics like cupro and silk.
- Ability to read a pattern and cut fabric according to the pattern makers specifications.
- An incredible eye for detail
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred (basic math skills are a must!)
- Sense of humor, takes their work seriously, but not themselves seriously
- Awesome attitude, positive and upbeat.
We take pride in our friendly, team-oriented environment. We share what we learn and support one another. We are a woman-owned and operated business and we encourage folks from diverse backgrounds to apply!
Submit a resume and brief cover letter that details your relevant experience as well as your shift availability (ex. Monday and Tuesdays 9am-2pm) to firstname.lastname@example.org (not .com). Include photos of sewn samples (including the insides).